Welcome to MARC at NC A&T State University
The Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) program prepares Junior and
Senior minority students at NC A&T State University for success in PhD programs
in the biomedical sciences.
Through a grant from the National Institute of General Medical Sciences,
students enter this two year program as juniors. The goal is to increase the
number of biomedical and behavioral scientists from under represented groups.
MARC students experience unique opportunities including:
- summer research internships
- research with NC A&T State University faculty
- publication of their research findings in scientific journals
- experience making professional presentations at national and international
- and preparation for the Graduate Record Exam (GRE)
- culminating in a successful graduate school experience in the biomedical sciences.
We invite you to explore our mentoring network, activities, research, supplimental
instruction for excellence, scholars, and photo gallery. Minority students interested in preparation for
graduate studies in biomedical sciences are encouraged to contact us
and apply for the MARC program.